The residence tax
- What is the tourist tax per person?
The visitor's tax in the Tannheimer Tal is € 1.70 per person per night.
Children up to the age of 15 are exempt from the visitor's tax. (free until vintage 2004, obligatory from vintage 2003 - 01.01.2019)
- Who is liable to pay duty?
All overnight stays in Tyrol are taxable in
- Accommodation establishments and
- In leisure residences that are not or not only left to changing guests.
The obligation to pay begins with the first and ends with the last overnight stay.
- Are disabled people with IDs excluded?
According to the Tyrolean Tourism Act, (severely) disabled persons unfortunately cannot be exempted from the tourist tax.
Exceptions to the obligation to pay taxes:
- In the context of curricular events of public schools, colleges, universities (school confirmation)
- overnight stays by persons until the end of the calendar year in which they reach the age of 15
- Overnight stays by relatives (up to sibling)
- Overnight stays in the context of gainful employment, provided that the uninterrupted stay lasts more than ten overnight stays (e.g. workers, film-makers, tour guides, bus drivers, representatives, etc.). They may only be exempted from the residence tax if the duration of their stay exceeds ten nights.)