Nature reserve Vilsalpsee
Questions and answers: The Vilsalpsee
- Which way to the Vilsalpsee and how long does it take?
From the centre of Tannheim, the trail leads south for approx. 4 km to Vilsalpsee. On foot you walk 1 hour to the front shore of the lake. Bus and Tannheimer Alpenexpress take about 10 - 15 minutes. By car it takes about 10 minutes.
- How do you get to Vilsalpsee?
The Vilsalpsee lies in the middle of a nature reserve, which is why the entrance for the general traffic is limited. Between 8 am and 5 pm there is an absolute driving ban for both directions for general traffic.
From Monday, 20.09.2021 there are officially imposed traffic calming changes for the access to the nature reserve Vilsalpsee.
- Driving ban for motor vehicles in both directions in the time from 8 a.m. till 5 p.m.
- Public transport runs even more regularly to the nature reserve. In addition, three new bus connections Tannheim/roundabout - Vilsalpsee 8.00 a.m./8.30 a.m./9.00 a.m. Vilsalpsee - Tannheim/Kreisverkehr 8.10 a.m./ 8.40 a.m./ 9.10 a.m. Ticket available on the bus
- The Tannheimer Alpenexpress starts in summer also already from 8.00 a.m., in winter from 10.00 a.m. (different in the mid-season) from Tannheim to the Vilsalpsee. Ticket available from the driver.
- Please always check the current seasonal timetables!
People with walking disabilities can get a ticket for the return trip with their own car upon presentation of their valid disabled person's ID card with the symbol "G" and "H" on the back. Ticket available during opening hours in the information office in Tannheim and on the municipality of Tannheim.
Coaches only get one entry/exit ticket with reservation confirmation (only with consumption) at the Fischerstube (Inn Vilsalpsee is currently being rebuilt).
By public bus (fee required, only in the summer season*):
Departure at the Tannheim roundabout stop.
Adults € 4,00*.
Child € 2,00*
As soon as the children are 6 years old, from their 6th to 15th birthday, you pay the children's rate.
Please note that this line is not included in the guest card!
*Prices subject to change without notice
With the Tannheimer Alpenexpress, subject to a charge (only during peak season*):
Departure at the stop next to the Tourist Information Tannheim in the road.
Departure times according to the indicated time at the stop!
Single trip adults € 3,70* children € 2,50* dogs € 3,00*
Return journey adults € 6,00* children € 4,00* dogs € 6,00*
Single family (2 adults, 2 children) € 11,00*
Family return (2 adults, 2 children) € 16,00*
Children up to the age of 3 travel free of charge.
Ticket sales: directly on the train
*Prices subject to change without notice
With the horse-drawn carriage:
Horse-drawn carriages are only available on request!
Information and registration:
- Family Kleiner, Tannheim, Tel.: +43 676 60 66 852, email@example.com
- Lechweghof, Tannheim, Tel.: +43 676 77 29 145, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andy Rief, Grän, Tel.: +43 676 54 27 900, pferdekutschenrief(at)gmail.com
On foot/by bike:
A beautiful foot and cycle path leads directly to the Vilsalpsee.
Summer: approx. May to October
Winter: approx. end of December to Easter
Outside the high season there is no shuttle service to Vilsalpsee (except horse-drawn carriages on request)!
- Timetable of bus and Alpenexpress?
The bus to Vilsalpsee runs according to the timetable, which is available at all information offices. (The bus only runs in the summer months!)
Tannheimer Alpenexpress - departure times according to the indicated time at the bus stop!
- Walk around the lake, is that possible?
Unfortunately, no, due to a previous rockfall in 2012, a section of the eastern shore of the lake had to be closed. There is still a considerable risk of rockfall, which is why it is not possible to circumnavigate the lake.
In winter, the winter hiking trail ends at the front of the lake at the two restaurants.
- Is the path Vilsalpsee - Landsberger Hütte open again?
The hiking trail no. 425 Vilsalpsee - Traualpsee - Landsberger Hütte is open again!
- Refreshments at the Vilsalpsee?
Fischerstube at the VilsalpseeVilsalpe
Warm kitchen until 5 p.m., day off : Wednesday
changed operating times during the low season
Open during the summer months
- Ice skating on the Vilsalpsee?
Ice skating on the Vilsalpsee is not possible!
- Which sports are allowed on/in the Vilsalpsee?
In the water:
Stand Up Paddling: PROHIBITED
Sea Kayak: PROHIBITED
Scuba diving: PROHIBITED
INFORMATION: INFOBLATT ZUM WASSERSPORT AM VILSALPSEE