St. Nicholas Parish Church
The parish of Tannheim - elevated to its own parish since 1377 - originally encompassed the entire Tannheim Valley with five parishes. In order to provide space for all the faithful, the second largest rural parish church in the diocese of Innsbruck was therefore built as a baroque valley church in Tannheim between 1722 and 1724 after the Gothic church of St. Nicholas had been demolished. Master builder and responsible architect was Andreas Hafenegger from Haldensee
On the freeway A7 at the exit "Oy-Mittelberg" on the B310 direction Wertach and to Oberjoch. There follow the signs "Tannheimer Tal" B199 until Tannheim. From the Tyrolean side via Reutte on the B198 direction Lechtal to Weißenbach, over the Gaichtpass along the B199 to Tannheim.
- All weather